This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Discussions under General

.NET Standard version

first post: cureos wrote: Hi ichbin, It's really great to see that you are moving over to a...

latest post: cureos wrote: BTW, I have an example project.json file here, allowing for simulta...

linear regression with 3 points

first post: sdecorme wrote: Hi, I need to get the formula of a 3 points curves The extrem poi...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Hi sdecorme, It's quite easy to do a three-point linear regression...

How to get R-square value in Polynomial Regression ?

first post: youngsoo wrote: First of all, Thanks for this good library. I'm using two Regressi...

latest post: ichbin wrote: You can get r for a BivariateSample using PearsonRTest().Statistic....

Problem referencing V3.0

first post: ebortoluzzi wrote: Hi, I'm working with VS2008 with .NET 3.5 and I was using met.num...

Multiple Regression

first post: Marcelluszebra wrote: Hi, I have a certain number of measures. For each datetime I have ...

latest post: RonanDanno wrote: Hi, I also met a NullReference exception when calling Multivariate...

SVD error NonconvergenceException

first post: ebortoluzzi wrote: Hi, while comparing some linear AX=B solution with SVD and tradit...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Hi Merrick, That's a very big matrix! It takes about 117 MB of...

Distribution.FitToSample

first post: vafonso wrote: Hi, First of all I wanna to congratulate you for the fantastic wor...

latest post: vafonso wrote: Hi Thanks for your update! I will download the patch for that. B...

SVD problem with LeftTransformMatrix

first post: ebortoluzzi wrote: Hi, while using SVD (metanumerics 2.2.0) for a linear regression ...

latest post: ebortoluzzi wrote: I thank you for your replay, which of course it's correct, I was mi...

Eigenvectors - Eigenvalues

first post: schaf82 wrote: Hallo all, I am trying to use meta.numerics library for spectral ...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Suppose two eigenvectors u and v have the same eigenvalue e. Then A...

FitToFunction which algorithm?

first post: alex55 wrote: Hello, have currently used your FitToFunction algorithm to fittin...

latest post: ichbin wrote: FitToFunction uses Powell's algorithm, a line search algorithm for ...

Interpreting Goodness of Fit Results

first post: jaskiewiczm wrote: Hello, I'm extremely rusty at statistics and I was hoping someone...

latest post: roggeheflin wrote: ok.. i don't know what i was doing... but realized the sample mean ...

answered by: ichbin wrote: The way a statistical test works is that you start from some assump...

How to implement a Goodness of Fit test for a supposedly leaded dice?

first post: DabblerNL wrote: I seem to be unable to find out which classes and methods to use to...

FunctionMath.FindMinimum: what algorithm used?

first post: skybluecodeflier wrote: It is not clear in the documentation how FunctionMath.FindMinimum ...

latest post: cureos wrote: @roederja To be as true as possible to the original Meta Numerics l...

Performance of AdvancedComplexMath.Erf

first post: deiruch wrote: Hi there Thanks for the amazing library! I was wondering whethe...

latest post: deiruch wrote: Thank you very much for taking your time and looking into this! I'...

answered by: ichbin wrote: I spent a little time investigating and I wanted to give you an upd...

Linear regression

first post: PILLET wrote: Hi a small improvement would be to make a regression with the int...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Thanks for the suggestion. You might want to take a look at the Unc...

P Value from t-stat in VB.net

first post: hector1234 wrote: Forgive me as I have no clue what I am doing.... I am neither a com...

latest post: hector1234 wrote: Thank you! I will give that a try!

ANOVATESTROW

first post: PILLET wrote: I would like to make an anova on several factors Is there a simpl...

latest post: PILLET wrote: Thank for your answer. Yes the factors are dicrete (Mean 1, 2..) me...

ANOVA

first post: idocs8 wrote: Does OneWayAnovaResult contain F critical value? If not, can it b...

latest post: ichbin wrote: In a moment I'll show you how to get what you want, but first let m...

Error on SingularValueDecomposition for A[m,n] with m<n

first post: ebortoluzzi wrote: Hi, I'm using SVD to solve an AX=B linear system where: 1) rank(...

latest post: ichbin wrote: This bug has been fixed in the latest check-in. Thanks for the report!

RectangularMatrix multiplication fails

first post: vikrantmakwana wrote: Hi, I'm learning Meta.Numerics lib esp for doing some matrices ope...

latest post: vikrantmakwana wrote: Thank you cureos. I have corrected the typo, which was for post on...

InverseLeftProbability of BetaDistribution

first post: vovjkee wrote: alpha = 2696.7564477925157; beta = 204.76649145658143; p = 0.0...

latest post: ichbin wrote: A fix for these issues is part of the latest check-in. There is qui...

In need of an example for Matrix.fill method

first post: ebortoluzzi wrote: Hi I'm working on VS 2008 with VB, I would like to use the array.fi...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Here's an example that uses VB's anonymous delegate feature. ``` ...

Distributions

first post: MaxxPower wrote: Hey, A simple question, I am trying to do a two sample KS test to...

latest post: ichbin wrote: You are correct. I'm sorry if the release notes misled you here: we...

VB example for circle fitting

first post: lquadrat wrote: Hi,I'm quite happy to find a library like this, providing a nice pa...

latest post: codebuster wrote: To answer my own question (hope it may be useful to others): ``` ...

Solving Sparse matrix linear system

first post: skybluecodeflier wrote: I have a rather sparse matrix that represents a system of linear eq...

latest post: skybluecodeflier wrote: Thanks for the full explanation and for your work on this- you do a...

P Value (Significance) Multiple Linear Regression

first post: rknell wrote: Hi Y'all! Thanks heaps for this awesome library. Everything is wo...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Let me make sure I understand what you are doing: (a) you have a mu...

FitResult.CorrelationCoefficient returning R^2 rather than R?

first post: skybluecodeflier wrote: So I have the following data: -0.054357662 150 -0.04830468 170 ...

latest post: skybluecodeflier wrote: That makes sense. Now I'm getting the right results. Thanks!

FindMinimum Nonconvergance exception in strange case #2

first post: skybluecodeflier wrote: Ok, so I'm not going to post this as an issue at the moment simply ...

latest post: skybluecodeflier wrote: Just to let you know, I have not been able to create a simpler cost...

Eigenvectors and eigenvalues

first post: corraCC wrote: Hi, First of all, thank you for your wonderful piece of software! ...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Thanks so much for your report. Via your codeplex contact page, I h...

Visual Basic 2010 express

first post: K6115907 wrote: Hello, i have been trying to use your code to VB 2010 express an...

latest post: K6115907 wrote: I am quite new to Visual basic! I was using VB, 11 years ago, and i...

Nonconvergence exception when fitting logistic function to data

first post: GvV wrote: Hi, I'm using the Meta.Numerics class UncertainMeasurementSample ...

latest post: GvV wrote: Yes, I expected it had something to do with my initial values, but ...

Identity Matrix

first post: ebortoluzzi wrote: Sorry I'm new so I posted the issue below in the issue tracker but...

Convert MetaNumerics matrices to normal arrays

first post: ebortoluzzi wrote: Dear all, I need to convert a type square matrix of yours into a ...

latest post: ichbin wrote: At the moment the code in your post is the way to do it. You could ...

ColumnVectorA product with ColumnVectorB.transpose

first post: ebortoluzzi wrote: Dear All, sorry I should have posted it in the issue tracker I'm ...

latest post: ebortoluzzi wrote: Thanks for your answer, I performed nice SVD matrices calculations ...

Mann-Whitney

first post: JerryS wrote: Hi Fabulous library you've put together. I'm curious about your...

latest post: JerryS wrote: Hi Thank you for your response. Actually, it is an entirely satis...

Value for a t-distribution using the StudentDistribution class

first post: matty_B wrote: I'm trying to replicate the following R code using Meta Numerics: t...

latest post: matty_b wrote: Many thanks ichbin, exactly what I needed!

WeibullDistribution.FitToSample

first post: wierte wrote: With some datasets, when I call WeibullDistribution.FitToSample(da...

latest post: wierte wrote: I think I figured it out. I just compiled the 71216. Hope that's co...

Why does FindMinimum not converge? What can I do about it?

first post: skybluecodeflier wrote: Ok, so I have been using the FunctionMath.FindMinimum(Func<double,...

latest post: skybluecodeflier wrote: Thanks for your response. I will take that into consideration for ...

multiple linear regression

first post: smalljiang wrote: hello there, I am using MultivariateSample to multiple linear regr...

latest post: ichbin wrote: To diagnose the problem, I would need to know the actual content of...

IR Filter

first post: tibel wrote: Hi, may you add IR filter in Meta.Numerics? This would help me a...

latest post: tibel wrote: We do not really need streaming filters right now as we want to do...

Solving Ax=B in Visual Basic

first post: ngaspar wrote: Hei. I've been facing a problem while trying to solve a Ax=B matri...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Great, that explains the previous DivideByZeroException, since any...

Gamma Distribution Fit

first post: wierte wrote: I am using as many of the distribution sample fitting methods as y...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Glad they are useful. I have created a work item (http://metanumeri...

CholeskyDecomposition F#

first post: kishorrao wrote: Hi, I am trying to do some work around an object of type CholeskyD...

latest post: kishorrao wrote: Cool, that worked. :)

Converting a Rectangular Matrix into a Square Matrix

first post: jorgeeperez wrote: Is there an easier way to concert a Rectangular Matrix that has th...

latest post: jorgeeperez wrote: Thank you! From: [email removed] Sent: Thursday, August 23,...

F# matrix initialization

first post: kishorrao wrote: Hi, I need to Cholesky decompose a matrix in F#. I can use the Sym...

latest post: kishorrao wrote: Thanks ichbin, that worked.

FindZero() in metaNumerics

first post: raminramin wrote: Hi i have some problem in using Findzero() of Metanumerics (Visual ...

latest post: jonirh wrote: Thank you

Problem to define the user-defined function (FitToFunction)

first post: collins_ wrote: I'm trying to fitting uncertain mesurements with an user-defined f...

latest post: collins_ wrote: So sorry ! Effectively, not a full copy past : data instead data3 !...

Eigenvalues sorted

first post: jjpaul wrote: Hi, is possible to get the eigenvalues of a matrix sorted in desce...

latest post: ichbin wrote: I have created a bug on this (http://metanumerics.codeplex.com/work...

finding first n eigenvalues

first post: dgebreiter wrote: Hello there! I was wondering if its possible for meta numerics to ...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Hi Daniel, I'm afraid meta numerics doesn't have this capeability....

Problem with obtaining Percentile from Sample using LeftProbability

first post: EveryDayGuy wrote: Hi, Have just started using the library and want to firstly say th...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Yep, it's a bug. See http://metanumerics.codeplex.com/workitem/6988...

Meta Numerics on the phone

first post: cureos wrote: Dear David and others interested in Meta.Numerics!In case no-one el...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Thanks for the info! I was wondering about this. Doing a WP scienti...

3 Parameter Weibull

first post: rogermosher wrote: Hi. I am about to write a 3 parameter Weibull distribution wit...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Yes, Sample.MaximumLiklihoodFit supports an arbitrary number of par...

Polynomial fitting in VB.NET

first post: venkatessh wrote: Hi, I have been trying to implement the function, FitToPolynomial ...

latest post: venkatessh wrote: Hi, My apologies. I found the method, FitToPolynomial to work when ...

COM Bindings

first post: MaxxPower wrote: Any chance of somebody compiling a version with COM bindings, plea...

Intergrate function in VB

first post: Martok867 wrote: Can anyone show me a sample code of using the Meta.Numerics.Functio...

Using MaximumLikelihoodFit

first post: twierman wrote: I am trying to do some curve fitting and am having trouble getting ...

Eigenfunction of Complex matrix

first post: andymotes wrote: I need to find the eigenfunctions and eivenvalues of a complex matr...

latest post: andymotes wrote: I am now using a real square matrix and still can't find the eigenv...

NonConvergenceException

first post: Dacollo wrote: Hmm when i try to execute the following C# code1: ComplexEigensyst...

latest post: andymotes wrote: I'm having the same problem but with a real square matrix as input....

Having trouble w/ determinant in matrix feature

first post: rsisme2 wrote: Hello, I'm having trouble with the following code. Finding the det...

latest post: rsisme2 wrote: Never mind. I see now it is calculating it correctly. I'm setting...

BetaDistribution GetRandomValue broken ?

first post: desmond5 wrote: When I specify alpha and beta and call GetRandomValue on BetaDistri...

latest post: desmond5 wrote: Correction, it returns 0 only if standard deviation is small enough...

Is there a p-value that I can get from student t-test?

first post: davidliang2008 wrote: I really like meta.numerics library as it's light weight but powerf...

latest post: pal_a wrote: nice library! I am running into the below problem. I am writing dat...

generalized eigenvalue

first post: alexshtf wrote: Hi.Are there any plans for adding a solver for the generalized eige...

latest post: alexshtf wrote: Actually I found an improvement over the cited paper here:http://ww...

c++ example

first post: anedic wrote: Hi people,I need to implement LambertW function in my visual c&#43;...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Here's example C++ CLR code that uses the LambertW function:#includ...

Integration example

first post: cameronhague wrote: Hello, I originally posted that I was having problems getting the I...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Your code works fine, but there is a much more compact way to write...

DataSet

first post: mariusmeier wrote: HelloI'm using the first time this library. Could it be that the do...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Hi Mariusmeir,You are right that in version 2.0 DataSet has been re...

Where should I look for a FFT class?

first post: maxi326 wrote: I am really graceful to find such useful library. I am trying to do...

latest post: ichbin wrote: You can't get a signal value at a particular time from the frequenc...

Is it possible to run a linear regression using MultivariateSample and exclude the intercept?

first post: dksimon wrote: Thanks for the great library. I'd like to run a multivariate linear...

latest post: ichbin wrote: I'm afraid there isn't a simple way to do this. If you just have on...

MSR Sho

first post: alexshtf wrote: Hi.After MSR Sho (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/sho/...

latest post: alexshtf wrote: I think Meta.Numerics linear algebra should extend SHO (use SHO's m...

RectangularMatrix not recognized by vs 2010 express

first post: huanhuangcn wrote: Hi there David and all,I am still very new to C#/vs2010 and Meta.nu...

latest post: ichbin wrote: That's because the type for a general, possibly non-square matrix i...

C# example for complete beginner

first post: huanhuangcn wrote: Hi David and all, Thanks very much of the very useful work! I am re...

latest post: huanhuangcn wrote: Thanks very much for this detailed step-by-step tour guide! Much ap...

Matrix type compatibility

first post: rtfanson wrote: Hi David,First of all, thank you for sharing the code. I appreciate...

latest post: rtfanson wrote: Thanks for the reply.The copying thing should work for my purposes....

Erase matrix from memory

first post: jjpaul wrote: Is there any way to erase a matrix from memory? Thanks

latest post: ichbin wrote: VB's ERASE statement is equivlent to assigning Nothing to the varia...

Automatic Differentiation

first post: alexshtf wrote: Are there any plans to include Automatic Differentiation to the lib...

latest post: alexshtf wrote: It's something in the middle between symbolic and numeric different...

variable declerations for CLR in SQL 2008

first post: roggeheflin wrote: Ichbin:First, this code is great. I have created an CLR to use it i...

latest post: roggeheflin wrote: Just downloaded and implemented release 51292. it works great... t...

Basic sample

first post: lw15 wrote: Hello - thirst of all - great idea, congratulations.I'm developing ...

latest post: jianrenlu wrote: Thank you very much! I have add polynomial fit to my program, it wo...

Gone raftin'

first post: ichbin wrote: I'll be river-rafting for the next week so I won't be answering que...

Multiplication of different matrix-types

first post: elmarj wrote: I am working with the matrix-classes, and run into a problem. I nee...

latest post: ichbin wrote: You're absolutely right, Elmar. The latest check-in fixes both thes...

Meta.Numerics vs MathNet.Numerics ?

first post: vermorel wrote: Disclaimer: I am a contributor of Math.NET Numerics. I have been...

latest post: dcuccia wrote: Hey guys, First - big fan of both Math.Net and Meta.Numerics. I ...

First problem with matrix dim declaration

first post: lw15 wrote: Found in doc (vb declaration): Public Sub New ( rows As Integer,  c...

latest post: ichbin wrote: CType is the VB casting operator. You can read the documentation he...

basic Matrix problem: eigenvalue results

first post: lw15 wrote: How to get an pointed eigenvector? Have tried this way:Dim mtrx As ...

latest post: ichbin wrote: Sorry, I don't undertsand; what makes an eigenvector "pointed"? Fro...

Welcome

first post: ichbin wrote: Welcome to the Meta.Numerics discussion forum. Feel free to ask que...

• 1-81 of 81 discussions
    • Previous
    • Next