This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

RectangularMatrix not recognized by vs 2010 express

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Hi there David and all,

I am still very new to C#/vs2010 and Meta.numerics. Please bear with my mistakes if I miss something here.

I wanted to play with the Matrices. But I find RectangularMatrix is not recognized by vs 2010 while all other matrix types (SquareMatrix, SymmetricMatrix and etc) are all fine. When I say "not recognized" I mean when I type in RectanglarMatrix, vs 2010 doesn't automically show the dropdown list where I can choose the class/property/methods.  I have downloaded/installed the Meta.numerics again but problems persists. Do I miss anything here please?

Many thanks and my best wishes,

Huan

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:02 AM

That's because the type for a general, possibly non-square matrix is named Matrix, not RectangularMatrix. So this should work for you, to create a 3 X 4 matrix:

Matrix M = new Matrix(3, 4);

The type will be re-named to RectangularMatrix when 2.0 is released, but for now it's just Matrix. You can read about the available types and their functionality in the CHM that is installed with the library, or on the web here.